Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Preparing for upcoming recording session...

I have less than a week before I setlle in for a week's worth of concerted songwriting, recording, mixing, and generally and specifically getting down to the business of creating my next album for mind's eye music, my record label. I have a few titles, a lyric, some sound design ideas, and not much else specifically. If I can let everyone know that I'm not to be interrupted unless absolutely necessary I can get on with the tasks of getting this done.


This is a grab from Google Images, but I sure wish I had the room this cat does. I plan to use almost every square foot of a room that's 15 x 24, that's drums and control room included! I have only what I need gear-wise, just enough mics, a couple effects for each instrument, and generally what's built in to my Tascam DP24. I should have all the bases covered.

To sort of run down the various devices I have at my disposal, I'll try to list the particulars:

Tascam DP24 multitrack digital recorder
SansAmp RBI bass preamp
dbx120A subharmonic synthesizer
Alesis MidiverbII multiFX
Lexicon pcm41 digital delay
Yamaha GC2020B compressor/gate
dbx 215 dual 15-band EQ
BBE 482i sonic maximizer
Line 6 KB37 keyboard/computer interface
Line 6 GearBox
Line 6 Pocket Pod
tc electronic Nova System guitar processor
vintage Echoplex
Boss DS-1 Distortion, BF-2 Flanger, PH-2 Super Phaser
DOD FX25B Envelope Follower
vintage Morley Power Wah Volume pedal
Squier Affinity Strat
Squier Telecaster
Squier 70's Modified Precision Bass
Dean Metalman Z bass
Dean Metalman V bass
2-valve mellophone bugle
valve/rotary soprano bugle
casio cheapo keyboard
purple ddrum set with oversized 22" bass drum
6 Shure SM 57 dynamic mics (drums, guitar)
2 Shure Beta 52A large diaphragm bass mics (drums, bass)
4 MXL 993 condenser mics (overhead, hi-hat)
Sterling condenser mic (vocals)
2 Fostex PM0.5II powered monitors
vintage Panasonic headphones


Picture me, like the chap above, crowded around a bunch of stuff, wires everywhere, spilling liquid into my console (hopefully not!!) and generally wishing I had an engineer. Hmmm...maybe that's not such a bad idea??? I really need to invite some Rastafarians over totin' ganja... That'll lube me up.

That's it for now. More this week as the time leading up to the sessions gets smaller. If I dissappear next week you'll know why! Till next time, keep your tubes hot and your antenna up! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment