Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Samsung Galaxy Beam video projector/smartphone!

Samsung has confirmed that the Galaxy Beam smartphone, which sports an integrated projector, will go on sale in the UK today.



The Samsung Galaxy Beam phone was revealed at Mobile World Congress earlier this year but Samsung has only today announced it will go on sale in the UK.

Capable of projecting a 50in image on any nearby wall, the 'smartphone projector' is just 12.5mm thick and has a 4in screen.

It runs Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) OS, it has an 8GB internal memory, SD card slot and 1GHz dual-core processor.

The projector is a 480 x 360 resolution, with 15 lumens brightness and capable of beaming images taken on the 5 MP camera to any nearby wall.

As well as your own pictures and 720p video, it can project content from the likes of YouTube and games from Samsung's own 1000-strong Game Hub.

The Samsung Galaxy Beam is on sale today in the UK.

This is a gamechanger for me. I've resisted the smartphone rage until now. This is SERIOUSLY enticing me to cross over. I just need to resist until the price becomes affordable enough! In the meantime I may plan a conventional projector purchase, I'm just not that into conventional movie fare to justify an immediate purchase. This is simply amazing, sort of like when I first heard of Dick Tracy-style wrist communicator devices as a kid. To be able to have a phone conversation with an image of a person or place projected on a blank wall, larger than life, (in HD???) just seems totally desirable to me! I never thought something like this could actually come to pass, and now it's getting to the point that if you can imagine it, someone can/will actualize it. What an exciting, brave new world we live in! I can't see being enslaved by technology, but to be convenienced by such innovative, life-enhanceing gadgets is a total buzz and a thrill! Skype and a bigscreen is close to that capability, but the portability factor is just too cool. What could posssibly be next? I simply can't wait to see...

We will be interested to see what devices that were out of the realm of physical possibility yesterday might end up on the shelves of your local Walmart tomorrow, so stay tuned to find out. If it amazes me I'll cover it. In the meantime, keep your tubes hot and your antenna up! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment